9.12.10

Bowl o' Toasted Nut and Fruit Warm "Cereal"

Breakfast is absolutely my favorite meal of the day. No matter what, it always makes my day. Generally, I am an omelet person, however, when there are no eggs in the fridge, substitutes are a necessity.

Way back when, I totally used to love cereal; a big bowl of milk with deliciousness inside... Then I loved oatmeal, a big bowl full of warmth and tastyness. Now, I have found a new calling in the breakfast world; a perfect combination of both without all the processed nonsense.

Okay, so this idea isn't entirely original. I read a similar recipe the other day while flipping through the 20 paleo/primal/whole foods cooking sites I peruse each day. However, I made some changes to my personal preference (and what was in my kitchen!). And by all means, I encourage you to do the same.

Bowl o' Toasted Nut and Fruit Warm "Cereal"


Food
- Handful of your favorite nuts (I used a mix of cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, and Brazil nuts)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (I would image any kind of berry would also be fantastic, or even a banana!!)

Prep
Put the pom seeds (or berries, or whatever!) in a bowl
Chop up the nuts

Method
Toast the nuts in a small skillet over medium heat until fragrant.
Pour in 1/2 cup of the milk in the skillet with the nuts, REMOVE QUICKLY!! (Don't want to burn the milk, just heat it super quick)
Pour the skillet into the bowl over the pom seeds
Pour in the rest of the milk

Enjoy :)


Photo Disclaimer: Pictures gotten off of Google Images, totally not my own. I am not good at remembering to take pictures while I am creating wonderfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love!