2.6.11

Apology! CSA & Butter Steamed Kale


Okay, so the truth is, I am super busy! I apologize for taking so long in between posts. In fact, I only have just a few minutes to get this down before I have to run out the door again. Spring/early summer is the busiest time for a garden center and I'm taking classes as well. I hate to make it sound like an excuse, but I feel terrible for not at least giving you a reason that I haven't been as active on the site recently.


Again, I invite all of you to comment with questions, concerns, topics, or suggestions. It is much easier to sit down and write a post if I have something to go off of.

I will try to get at least one post out a week for you guys. Thank you so much for being patient during this busy season. In the meantime, I highly recommend you read/sign up for my brother's nutrition blog as well. His early posts detail a lot of dietary recommendations, things to steer towards and those to stay away from, and he supports his information very well with reputable resources. You can find the blog here.

I will leave you with a quick one today. Monday was my first pick up for my CSA, Anchor Run Farm in Wrightstown, PA. On the pick up list was one bunch of each romaine, green leaf lettuce, vitamin greens, swiss chard, kale, arugula, radishes, 1 quart of strawberries, and 1 pint of sugar snap peas. I made salads out of the romaine, lettuce, greens, and arugula, used the strawberries with my daily Greek yogurt, seared the swiss chard with oil and garlic, and finally....


Butter Steamed Kale
The Food
- 1 Bunch of kale
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 cup water

The Prep
Remove kale leaves from the stems; throw stems in compost

The Method
Put butter and water in a large pot
Put kale in a steam basket over the butter and water
Steam for about 5 minutes, or until kale is bright green and tender

Serve along side steak or pork chops, fold into an omelet, use as a bed for paleo meatballs... your pick!

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love!